Currently, we are seeking the following genres for our 2021 publishing list:
- Memoir and nonfiction
- Specialty subject matter such as travel, cookbooks, health and fitness, inspirational and motivational, personal development, and prescriptive nonfiction
- Fiction in the following genres: suspense, romance, mystery, adventure, young adult
- Don’t see your genre listed? Send us an e-mail with your idea and we’ll let you know if it’s a fit!
Sidekick Press reviews all manuscripts that we receive. If the submission is selected for publication, we will work with you and offer advice on preparing your book for publishing. Whether your manuscript needs minor rewriting, editing, illustrations, or print preparation, Sidekick Press will be with you every step of the way.
If we do not accept your manuscript for publishing, we’ll let you know the reason(s) behind that decision. We understand that writers often need guidance when submitting a manuscript to be published and that serious writers will put in the hours of rewriting and learning to follow their passion.
As a company owned and managed by writers, our goal is to support and guide writers in their publishing journey.
Guidelines for Submitting a Manuscript
We only accept submissions for original works.
Attach a Word file or a PDF file of your first three chapters and send to [email protected].
Formatting your document as follows:
- Common font (Times; Times New Roman)
- 12-point font size
- Please label your file: LAST NAME_SUBMISSION.docx
In the body of your email, include:
- Contact Information: Name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, social media links.
- A brief synopsis of your manuscript, with an overview of your storyline and characters. 500-1000 words.
- Book information: Approximate word count, genre (category), anticipated target audience.
- Author information: publishing history, relevant background information.
Please review your work carefully
- Please do your best to edit your manuscript before you submit it for review. If we find countless typos, mistakes, or plot holes in your manuscript, you will be asked to make corrections before resubmitting.
- The submissions that tend to stand out and are most likely to be accepted for a publishing deal are those that are well-edited.
Please Do Not
- Call or email about the status of your submission. We will respond to all submissions within four weeks.
- Send original/irreplaceable materials or items of value. Unrequested materials sent to us via postal mail will not be returned.
- Include illustrations unless you are a professional illustrator.